Monday, April 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


So, this morning when Ellie was figuring out what she wanted for breakfast, she insisted on banana bread. I assured her we didn't have any and she assured me that we did (we didn't). When she finally realized that I was right, she had another idea..."Let's just make some". Well, knowing how long bread takes to bake, I made these instead.

SOOOOO quick and easy. I have been making these since we first were married. Today, I made a few variations. Hope you like them.

2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c milk (I used skim)
1 egg
1/3 c oil (I use Canola)
2 very ripe mashed bananas
chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.

Pour milk, egg, oil, and banana into well. Mix batter until moistened. Do not overmix.

Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (greased or lined with paper liners). Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top of each (we used it as a counting lesson and put like 5 or 6 on each).

Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

We enjoyed them warm with a little bit of "Move Over Butter" spread on them. So quick! From batter to tummy in less than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment