Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Cinnamon Rolls"




These. Were. Awesome. However, I'm thinking they were more like "sticky buns". My in laws were here to share these. We were splitting 24 rolls between 4 adults & 2 children. I hate to admit that over the course of the weekend, I MAY have had half of them, or pretty close to it. Yep. They are THAT good.

24 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls (the "raw" dough...not "heat and serve")
1 small pkg. regular butterscotch pudding (we assumed "regular" meant the old fashioned "cook and serve")
1 stick butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c brown sugar
pecans
additional melted butter

Grease 9 X 13 pan. Lay pecans over the bottom. Place dinner rolls on top of pecans. In saucepan, bring pudding, stick of butter, cinnamon and sugar to a boil. Pour over the rolls. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight. Remove foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Brush top with additional melted butter. Turn over to serve.

I love that you prep the night before and just pop directly in the oven the next day. I also love that you do not need to knead or let rise, but still get that great homemade taste.

1 comment:

  1. They sound really good. My one friend and I were discussing cinnamon rolls today and she said that one way to keep them really moist is to pour whipping cream over them right before you put them in the oven. Okay, my mouth is watering, I have to make some...RIGHT...NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete