Sunday, September 30, 2012

Toffee Strips

My siblings are quite a bit older than me. Growing up, my sister that is 14 years older than me used to watch me a lot while my mom worked nights and my dad did things around the house. She always did fun things with me. The last time I ate these, I was probably 4 years old, when her and I made them together. I forgot all about them until I came across them in a cookbook a few years back and was like "Hey, I've had these before. I made them with Kris when I was little!" I FINALLY got around to making them. They taste just like I remember them. Enjoy!


1 1/2 c butter
1 3/4 c brown sugar
box of graham crackers
chopped pecans (optional)

Break graham crackers in 4. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and place graham crackers pieces on foil. Melt butter with brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, so caramel sauce is smooth. Pour over graham crackers evenly. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Bake in a 350 degree for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! This looks so good!

    I work with AllFreeCasseroleRecipes and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

    Adam Kaplan
    akaplan@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete