Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicken, Broccoli and Baby Reds




When Derek was in Vet School, we became pretty tight with Alex and Susan. When Alex would be on an internship, we'd have Susan over for dinner and when Derek would be on an internship, Alex and Susan would have me over. Susan prepared this simple and tasty one dish meal for me. Serve with some rolls and viola.

chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
red potatoes (cut in half or quarters)
onion (cut into slivers)
broccoli (cut into florets)
can of cream of broccoli soup (heated in the microwave, diluted with a bit of milk)

Brown chicken
Steam potatoes, onion and broccoli until done
toss chicken, potatoes, onion and broccoli together with heated soup
season with salt and pepper

(I have a double decker steamer. I put the potatoes in the bottom basket and start them first since they take a little longer. Then I add the onion/broccoli to the top basket a few minutes later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment