Thursday, November 11, 2010

Easy Banana Cream Pie with the BEST crust EVER




I LOVE banana cream pie. This recipe is very easy. The delicious crust is what makes it so yummy.

This seriously is THE BEST crust ever. My friend Kristen gave it to me.

For the crust:
1 c flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter

combine flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

If you use it all, your crust will be on the thick side. I usually leave some out, crumble it, put on a baking sheet and toast. Then I sprinkle over the top of the pie.


For the filling:
2 small instant puddings, either both banana cream or one banana cream & one vanilla (depending on how banana-y you like your filling)
milk

prepare according to box

pour pudding on cooled crust

add sliced bananas


Top with:
real whipped cream (I sweeten mine with a little powdered sugar)
or, to keep it simpler, Cool-whip
or, slice as is and spray a little dollop of aerosol whip cream when serving

No comments:

Post a Comment