Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skewered Marinated Flank Steak



This is the second year that we have purchased 1/4 of a cow. We used up just about everything from last year except for just a few things. I have flank steak left and the last time I made fajitas with it, the meat was really tough (and I did cut it correctly). Same thing happened when I made stir fry. So when I found this recipe, I thought I'd give it a try. They were delicious. The girls (who aren't big meat eaters) both asked for seconds. It was easy and there were no leftovers. Keeper!

* 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
* 1/2 cup dry red wine (I used beef broth)
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon dry mustard
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
* 1 pound flank steak, cut across grain into 1-inch strips

Whisk first 8 ingredients in small bowl. Place steak in baking dish. Pour marinade over. Cover and marinate 2 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.

Preheat broiler. Thread steak strips on skewers; discard remaining marinade. Place skewers on broiler pan and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment