Sunday, January 20, 2013

Thick and Chewy M & M Cookie Bars

These were so delicious!  Thank you pinterest, once again.  Here is where I found them.  LOVING her blog and found some other recipes I might try as well.

2 1/8 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 TBL butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
 1 (12oz) bag M&M's, divided  (I may use less next time...maybe 1/2 a bag to 3/4 of a bag)

Combine flour, salt & baking soda.  Set aside.

Add sugars to melted butter.  Add eggs & vanilla.

Add flour mixture to butter mixture.  Do not over mix.  Fold in 1/2 the M & Ms.  Pat into a 9 X 13 pan (sprayed with cooking spray).  Top with remaining M & Ms, pressing them in slightly.

Bake at 325 for 24 to 28 minutes.  Cut into bars when cool.


I will definitely make these again!  I am thinking about making individual servings in mini muffin tins topped with a little buttercream frosting for a school treat for my girls.  I'll let you know if I do and if they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment