Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

It's a new year!  Time to make resolutions (and break them)!  I hope to try (at least) one new recipe a week (and of course blog about those that are delicious). 

Thank you to pinterest for this simple, alternative to ground beef tacos.  (I couldn't link to the original post because I received the error message "blog not found")

6 chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
1 jar of salsa (I used Chi Chi's original, mild)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Lay chicken in crockpot.  Sprinkle with taco seasoning.  Pour salsa over the top.

Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low 6-8 hours.  I hred mine with a fork about 30 minutes before eating, to let the flavors get on all the chicken.  Eat in tortilla of your choice, served with toppings of your choice (we used cheese, lettuce, sour cream & guacamole...would have used tomatoes & black olives too, but we didn't have any).

For sides, I served with black beans & Spanish rice.  So good & so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment