Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ground Beef Noodle Soup




I'm a sucker for mini cookbooks hanging out at the checkout aisle... I found Taste Of Home's "Easy Back To School Meals" one day late summer. I've got a list of recipes I plan to try from it including this easy soup. I had ALL the ingredients on hand (oh, except 1). The broth was REALLY flavorful. It's hearty enough to act as a meal. We topped the soup with some shredded mozzarella and paired it with some yummy dinner rolls.

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (I used only 1 pound)
1/2 c EACH chopped onion, celery and carrot
7 cups water
1 envelope au jus mix
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
2 bay leaves
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 c uncooked egg noodles (we use "NO YOLK" b/c of my cholesterol problem)

In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.

Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment