Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies

Ellie insisted we make cookies the other day, so I took my Butterscotch Chocolate Chip recipe and changed it up a bit to make these delicious cookies.



1 c sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 c oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c chopped Heath Bar (you can buy them already in bits in the baking aisle)

Combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in Heath. I make them "Monster Sized" using my large Pampered Chef cookie scoop or about 1/4 c per cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Adjust time accordingly if making normal sized cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmmy! I have been craving oatmeal cookies this week (for some weird reason--that never happens to me), and these sound so good.

    ReplyDelete