Thursday, March 8, 2012

Macho Nachos



There is a wonderful family that gets Peyton on the bus for us in the morning. To help return the favor, we watched their girls so that they could go out to dinner. When they came to pick up the girls, they brought us a HUGE bag of chips and some delicious salsa. I didn't want to let the abundance of chips go to waste, so I made "macho nachos". I had some leftover taco meat in the freezer from another meal, so I thawed & warmed that.

Here's what I did:

spread chips on bottom of large pizza pan
spread taco seasoned beef over them (would also be good with shredded chicken)
sprinkle cheddar cheese
add diced tomatoes and black olives
(next time, I may add re-fried beans or black beans)

bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted

we served with sour cream, salsa & guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment