Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meatball Sandwiches-2 ways



This is a quick, hearty sandwich with no prep work. It's great for one of those nights when you have a million things going on but don't want to go out. When frozen meatballs are on sale, I grab a bag or two. That way, I always have some on hand. I make them two different ways.

frozen meatballs
hoagie roll/sub bun
canned marinara sauce OR can of beef gravy
mozzarella or provolone cheese
butter/margarine (if you plan to toast your roll)

I put my meatballs in the crockpot a few hours before dinner. When there is about an hour left, I add my choice of sauce. Sometimes we use marinara, sometimes we use beef gravy. Heat through.

If you choose to toast your bun, I do that on the stovetop on a frying pan with the insides of the bun buttered. But I suppose you could use a toaster oven, the broiler, etc.

Scoop meatballs onto bun and add a slice of cheese. So easy, right?

We usually serve with something simple like chips, fresh fruit, and raw veggies/dip.

*Note: If you have leftover meatballs you are set with another meal for the week. Use them to make spaghetti w/meatballs (if you used marinara) or serve meatballs w/gravy over buttered egg noodles like Swedish meatballs. You may just need to add a little more sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment