Thursday, July 22, 2010

What to do with leftover beef roast?




When I make beef roast, I put it in the crockpot on low, all day long. I usually sprinkle with a packet of Lipton Onion Cup of Soup and add a can of beef broth. About half way through, I add cubed potatoes and baby carrots. With only four of us AND two being kids, I always have leftovers. I make one of three things:

1) Hash-I chop up the meat REALLY small (my mother-in-law uses a meat grinder, but I do not own one). I cut up the leftover potatoes into bite sized pieces. Chop up an onion. Melt butter/margarine in skillet. Add onion and saute. Add meat and potatoes. Fry until crisp. We serve with eggs (over easy) and toast.

2) Barbecued Beef Sandwiches-Shred beef. Put in saucepan. Add your favorite bottled BBQ sauce and heat through. Serve on toasted buns. We serve with chips, fruit, raw veggies, and a pickle.

3) Italian Beef-Shred beef. Add some beef broth and an Italian Seasoning packet. Heat through. Serve on buns w/Mozzarella or Provolone cheese. Reserve some "juice" for dipping into if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment