Monday, July 5, 2010

Bert's Best Blueberry Oatmeal Bars


We're talking Bert as in Bert & Ernie...this recipe also comes from "C is for Cooking: Recipes from the Street". I had blueberries that I needed to use up AND I was looking for something that Ellie could help me with.

1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 c oats
1 pint fresh blueberries

Cream together sugars and butter until fluffy. Beat in oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix in oats gently. Then carefully mix in blueberries as to not "smoosh" them.

Spread batter into greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut into 24 bar cookies.

*note: even though is says "bar cookies", they are very moist and cake like. Not condensed like a bar cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, I have looked through tons of recipes and can't wait to try them (I didn't post comments, but after trying the recipes I will let you know how they went over) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete