Friday, May 7, 2010

Raisin Honey Chews





These were my favorite cookies growing up. I always requested these when ever my mother made cookies. Not sure where she got the recipe, but she passed it along to me when I was in college. My husband and kiddos love them too. I like to pretend that they are really healthy because they contain oatmeal and raisins.

3/4 c shortening
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c honey
1 egg
1 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 c oats
1 c raisins

Cream together the first four ingredients
Add the next four ingredients
Stir in raisins

Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheets
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes

(*Note: almost always mine get really flat. Today, for some reason, they didn't. Could it be because I just bought new baking soda?)

No comments:

Post a Comment