Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blueberry Coffee Cake


I found this in a Taste of Home magazine a few years back. There was a whole section on blueberries and I had blueberries to get rid of. This is such a good coffee cake (especially served warm). What I like best about it is it only makes an 9 X 9 which is perfect for our family of 4. So many coffee cakes are 9 X 13 which is too much for us, so I either avoid them or make them and end up wasting half of it.

2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c blueberries
1 c chopped pecans (I usually leave these out because of my husband/kids)


STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c flour
1/4 c cold butter
(this seems like too much topping for us, so I use about half and it is plenty)

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, milk, and butter. Beat well. Fold in blueberries and pecans. Spread into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. (I actually like to put it in a 9 inch round instead and cut into wedges...)

For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment