Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Salsa


My friend Kristen @ www.kristen-foodismyfriend.blogspot.com shared with me this awesome recipe for super easy salsa. Because everything is whipped into a blender/food processor/magic bullet, it is not "chunky" (which is why my kiddos LOVE it). Peyton would NEVER eat something with chunks of tomatoes in it. Most salsa recipes that I have come across require TONS of chopping of a million different veggies (multiple types/colors of peppers, tomatoes, onions, etc). But not this one...whip everything together, hit a button, and TA-DA! Hey, just trying to "keep it simple"!

2 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes (drained)
1 jalepino (seeded)
1 garlic clove
2 Tbls lemon juice
2 Tbls cilantro leaves
1 Tbls lime juice]
1 Tbls olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

put all ingredients in food processor, blender, magic bullet, etc. and voila!

3 comments:

  1. I loves me a new salsa recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant blog idea. I hate cooking, but this seems like the perfect balance of easy, but not mac and cheese easy/nasty. Thanks for sharing this. I will be visiting often! I think Leca will like this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salsa ROCKS. I made it one night for a church activity and one of the Latino guys asked to take some home. He said, "You know it's good when a Mexican wants to take it home."

    ReplyDelete