Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cut Out Cookies and Frosting


These cut outs are delicious. My sister found the recipe and passed it along. It is egg-less and my mother-in-law is allergic to eggs. I always get asked for the recipe whenever I make them. My husband normally doesn't eat cut out cookies, but loves these. BEWARE, the dough is super soft. You need to roll on a heavily floured surface. They are a moist cookie; not crisp.

The frosting recipe was passed along by a girlfriend of mine. Also delicious. It pairs really well with the cut out cookies. It is also great when paired with angel food cake.

Cookies

8 oz cream cheese (softened)

3/4 c butter (softened)

1 c sugar

2 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 c flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

-cream cream cheese and butter, add sugar and vanilla, add rest

-chill 1/2 hour

-roll w/lots of flour

-bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (will be light in color)

Frosting

1/2 c butter

1/2 c crisco

1/4 c flour

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp butter flavoring

1/4 tsp almond extract

1/4 c (scant) water

3 3/4 c powdered sugar

-mix butter & crisco first

-then add the rest


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these!! My SIL makes a fabulous soft sugar cookie at Christmastime and she won't give up the recipe!! (big family secret you know) I wonder if this is it? That would be almost funny... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, That frosting ROCKS!!! I have to cut it in half so that there is not as much left over.

    ReplyDelete