Monday, March 8, 2010

Snickers Salad


This is one of my husband's favorites. For some reason, we both grew up with Jello salads at every big family get together. He doesn't like most, so I often make this, knowing he'll eat it.

1 small instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c milk
12 oz Cool Whip
3 large Snickers candy bars or 6 regular sized (cut into bite sized pieces)
3 apples cut into bite sized pieces
2 bananas cut into bite sized pieces

Combine pudding and milk and let thicken a bit.

Fold in Cool Whip.

Add rest.

Note: This is best made the day of b/c otherwise it separates. Also, I like to add the bananas right before serving to prevent them from being too brown.

I am very particular about that sweet/salty balance (HAVE to have nuts on my ice cream kind of a gal) so the peanuts in the Snickers pair so nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment