Sunday, June 27, 2010

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies are sooooo good. I like to pretend that because they have oatmeal in, that they are good for me & my cholesterol!

1 c sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 c oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butterscotch chips (however, I use about half the amount)
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (however, I use about half AND use milk chocolate)
1/2 c walnuts, chopped (I omit these since 2 family members to not "eat things with nuts in")

Combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chips and walnuts. I make them "Monster Sized" using my large Pampered Chef cookie scoop or about 1/4 c per cookie. (I tried to show you how big they are by placing the cookie on a regular sized napkin for reference. Big cookie, right?) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Adjust time accordingly if making normal sized cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to this yummy photo yesterday, I had to make this recipe again. However, once I got the dough made, I was too lazy to make the cookies. So I made them into bars...9x13 pan at 375 for 24 minutes = ooey gooey heaven. Thanks Nicole!

    ReplyDelete