Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chicken Carbona


We LOVE this recipe. I got it from my sister years ago. I'm beginning to think it should be Chicken "Carbonara", but "Carbona" is what my sister wrote. By "doctoring up" jarred sauce, it is ready in no time. It tastes so "rich". Easily one of my all time fav pasta recipes.

1 Tbls oil
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces (I usually do less meat, usually two breasts)
4 slices of bacon
1 c frozen or fresh peas (I use frozen)
1/3 c chicken broth
1 jar Alfedo sauce
pasta of your choice, cooked and drained (we usually use bow tie for this recipe)

brown chicken in oil, remove
cook bacon and peas together
add chicken broth and cook for 1 minute
add sauce & chicken
boil over high
reduce & simmer
add pasta & heat through

We always like to top with a little shredded cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, asiago...)

NOTE: Tonight, I also added some fresh mushrooms. I sauteed them with the peas & bacon. A delicious addition... We served it with a Caesar Salad Kit & Crescent Rolls

PS-Stay tuned, my next post will be a "giveaway" in honor of me posting my 50th recipe. Details on how to enter coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. I just zipped through your blog. I LOVE it! I have several that I'm going to make this week. I'm embarassed to say that I didn't know you had a blog. I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll be back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarrassed. But, it was the same frustrations you are having with dinner that brought about my blog! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete