Monday, June 28, 2010

Zesty Honey Mustard Chicken


I have to admit, I only thought this recipe was "okay". However, my husband and my six year old LOVED it. My husband actually ate two whole pieces. AND said it was a definite make again recipe. He hasn't been too crazy about a few of my recipes lately, so I feel that his enthusiasm warrants a post. Hope you like it as much as he and Peyton did.

1/2 c mustard (I used Dijon)
1/2 c honey
1 tbls salt free seasoning blend (I used Mrs. Dash original)
1 tbls Worcestershire
1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut in half (or chicken breasts, which is what we used)

In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken; spoon some of the mustard sauce under the skin.

Coat grill rach with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Place chicken skin side up on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20 to 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining mustard sauce. Remove chicken skin; cut into serving size pieces. (We just used skinless breasts, but the glaze still gave the chicken a lot of flavor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment